Feb 13, 2008

When Should I Roll Out My Service?

Here is a question I fielded today that I just had to share with you:

Question: When Should I Roll Out My New Service?

My Answer: After you're tested that: (1) People in your target market will buy it; (2) You can ship and support it; and (3) You get high satisfaction remarks from those who bought it.

Notice, I didn't say "when you think of an idea" or "when you've designed the marketing" or "when you get a stream of orders" as none of those are proof the new service will succeed. Now, the difference with the typical marketer and the BEST marketer is that the BEST already have BUZZ pre-release of any new product or service. So, for a master marketer, you can roll-it-out when you can prove simply that people will buy and you are pretty sure you can support what you've shipped. You already have high satisfaction remarks from other products, but you want to make sure you hit the nail on the head.

Remember when Apple first rolled out a hand-held device, called the Newton? It flopped, even though it was a cool advice. Why? Well, probably because Apple did not have the savvy marketing vision then that is does today. Last year, Apple rolled out the i-Phone and I'd say this was a highly successful launch. Everywhere I go, I run into people using an i-Phone. At Apple's i-Phone launch at the MacWorld seminar, Steve Jobs announced the killer product 20 minutes into his speech: "Today, we reinvent the telephone." And, they did. The product forums went crazy with buzz, and the pre-release was as exciting as the release itself. In fact, I'd say that the actual release was a bit anticlimatic.

Can you create buzz like that? If you can't, then follow this simple process:

Question: When Should I Roll Out My New Service?

My Answer: After you're tested that: (1) People in your target market will buy it; (2) You can ship and support it; and (3) You get high satisfaction remarks from those who bought it.

Do your homework, put together a great service idea, test it, and make sure people like it, you can support it, and you get high satisfaction marks. After all, that's what high quality service is all about.
________________________________________

Copyright © 2007-2008 by ARRiiVE Business Solutions. All Rights Reserved. Want More? SUBSCRIBE. Want more traffic to your company's website? We can help: Call 1-805-459-6939 and ask me how.

No comments:

Post a Comment