Have you noticed how some people will leave their site name, name and site name, or just name (see image - left).
- Gives a name so you know who it is
- It indicates where the link will go, so it’s not such a mystery meat experience.
- Gives a hint of your experience.
- More memorable than just a full name.
- Links the name with a website.
- You can still reply to just the name. eg Scott@
So, that's my feelings around this sensitive topic. Try not to SPAM people without adding any value to your post. I learned that lesson the hard way when I posted into a very active comment forum on a web design blog. Comment SPAM will get your traffic, but it might backfire into very negative traffic that will do nothing for your site. It is better to get specific traffic from a well-written post.
Take the high road when posting on other blogs, remember that content of your posting is STILL king when it comes to this type of activity.